Nachos with Ice Shrimp and Armstrong Marble Cheddar
- 20 min
- 27 min
- 4 potatoes, thinly sliced with skin on
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 454 g (1 lb) Armstrong Marble Cheddar
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 pickled banana peppers, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 225 g (8 oz) ice shrimp, thawed and drained
- Thinly slice potatoes on a mandolin to about the size of a thick potato chip.
- Heat deep fryer to 350°F.
- Fry potato slices until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel coated pan until cool.
- Add potatoes to a pie pan lined with parchment paper.
- Top potatoes with cheese and shrimp and heat in the oven at 350°F until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and top with bacon, tomato, green onion, and banana peppers.
- Serve as you would nachos, with salsa or sour cream. An interesting addition would be to substitute cocktail sauce instead of salsa to compliment shrimp.