Maple Butter & Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 10 min
- 15 min
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) softened butter, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 8 slices Armstrong medium Cheddar cheese slices
- 8 precooked bacon slices
- Mix 3 tbsp. butter and 2 tbsp. of maple syrup until smooth.
- Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with maple butter mixture. Place 1 Armstrong cheese slice on half of the slices of bread; top with 2 slices bacon and another slice of Armstrong cheese. Cap with remaining bread. Spread remaining butter over outside of sandwiches.
- Preheat skillet over medium-low heat; cook sandwiches, turning once, for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
*You can use prepared maple butter in place of the butter and maple syrup if desired.