Cheesy Jalapeño Wonton Rolls
- 5 min
- 10 min
- 4 to 6
- 12 store-bought wonton wrappers
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 6 Armstrong Monterey Jack with Jalapeño Cheese Snacks, halved
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) plum sauce, for dipping
- Arrange wonton wrappers on a clean work surface to resemble diamonds. In a small bowl, beat egg with water. Using a pastry brush, add egg wash to wrappers’ edges. Place one piece of Armstrong Monterey Jack Cheese snacks horizontally in centre of each wonton wrapper. Top with green onions. Fold left and right sides of the wrapper over the filling. Fold bottom and roll into a cylinder, pressing slightly to adhere.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with plum sauce.