Swiss Grilled Cheese
- 12 min
- 37 min
- 2 slices white bread
- 4 slices Armstrong Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) butter
- ½ chopped onion
- 6 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butternut squash, diced
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) arugula
- In a large non-stick heated pan on medium-high heat, melt butter and add the onions. Let brown for 5 minutes. Add diced squash and sliced mushrooms, cook for 5 to 7 minutes until it reaches a caramelized colour. Season with salt and pepper and set aside at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 2 slices of Armstrong Swiss cheese on each slice of bread. Evenly distribute the onion, mushroom and squash mixture on the cheese. Add the arugula. Join the 2 slices of bread.
- Preheat a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Cook the grilled cheese on each side for 3 to 4 minutes and transfer to oven for 5 minutes to finish melting the cheese. Serve.