- 30 min
- 80 min + cooling time
- 454 g (1 lb.) prepared pizza dough, room temperature
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) dried oregano
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) garlic powder
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) marinara sauce for recipe, additional sauce for dipping.
- 48 thin slices of pepperoni
- 100 g (3.5 oz) Armstrong Mild Cheddar Cheese, cut into 12 cubes
- Sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Divide the pizza dough into 12 equal portions (weighing the dough helps to divide it equally.) Roll each portion into a ball, then flatten it using your hands or a rolling pin to create a 10-cm (4-in) round (lightly flour your hands and your working surface if the dough sticks.)
- Spoon 5 mL (1/4 tsp) marinara sauce in the center of a dough round. Top with 2 slices of pepperoni, 1 cube of Armstrong Mild Cheddar Cheese, and 2 more slices of pepperoni. Gently pull the edges of the dough up and over the filling, pressing and pinching to close the bundle up. Repeat to create 12 pizza bombs.
- Stir the olive oil mixture again. Dip each pizza bomb into the oil, turning to coat all over. Place each pizza bomb in a muffin cup, seam side down. Brush the tops with the remaining oil, then sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Set the pan on a wire rack until the pizza bombs are cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately, with additional marinara sauce for dipping, if desired.