Havarti Breakfast Sandwich
- 10 min
- 15 min
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 5 mL (1 tsp) grated lime zest
- 10 mL (2 tsp) freshly squeezed lime juice
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 8 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 10 mL (2 tsp) canola oil
- 4 English muffins
- 8 slices Armstrong sliced creamy Havarti cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, zest, and hot sauce. Refrigerate.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat, add the eggs and cook for 1 minute, stirring with a whisk or a fork until set. Remove from the pan.
- On a clean work surface split the muffins, toast them, and then spread each half with a small amount of the mayonnaise mixture. Place an equal amount of egg on 4 muffin halves and top with the sliced havarti and tomato.
- Put the top on each sandwich and microwave for 30 seconds to warm them and melt the cheese slightly.
- Serve warm.