The Red & White Potato Salad
- 10 min
- 55 min
- 2 lb (1 kg) red baby potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 tsp (20 mL) grainy mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pkg (210 g) Armstrong marble Cheese snacks, quartered
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; pour in enough cold water to cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 14 to 16 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool completely.
In large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, yogurt, mayonnaise, chives, mustard, maple syrup, garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Add potatoes and toss until well combined. Stir in cheese, tomatoes and red pepper.
- For zesty flavour, stir 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped capers into dressing.
- Add cooked and crumbled bacon to salad if desired.