- 6 min
- 20 min
- 2 medium zucchini
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) roasted red peppers from a jar, drained, rinsed, patted dry and chopped
- 120 g (1 cup) Armstrong old Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) bread crumbs
- Cut each zucchini into 8 slices 2 cm (3/4 in) thick.
- With a small spoon, scoop out some of the flesh from each slice to create a small cavity. Take care not to pierce the bottom. Keep the zucchini flesh for another recipe.
- In a steamer basket, steam the zucchini slices for 4 minutes until they are cooked al dente.
- Rinse under cold water and drain well on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine the peppers, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Place some stuffing in each zucchini slice and arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
* To get 8 uniform slices, start by cutting the zucchini in half. Cut each piece in half and then cut each quarter in half again.