Root Veggie and Cheddar Cheese Hash Browns
- 15 min
- 50 min
- 250 mL (1 cup) white potatoes, grated
- 250 mL (1 cup) sweet potatoes, grated
- 250 mL (1 cup) carrots, grated
- 250 mL (1 cup) parsnip, grated
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 60 mL (4 tbsp) parsley, chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) butter, melted
- 1 egg, whisked
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 60 mL (¼ cup) Armstrong old Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour cream
- Chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F) with the rack in the top position.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Grease a muffin tin with non-stick vegetable oil spray and distribute the mixture among each of the 12 cups, pressing down slightly. The cups should be filled to about 1/3 from the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then increase the heat to 220 °C (425 °F) and continue baking for about 5 minutes.
- Let cool for approximately 5 minutes, then carefully remove the hash browns from the muffin tin with the tip of a knife. Serve hot, topped with sour cream and chopped chives.