Gourmet Cheeseburger with Lime Aioli and Avocado
- 20 min
- 28 min
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 10 mL (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) ground pepper
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) bread crumbs
- 190 mL (3/4 cup) mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 8 slices Armstrong sliced Swiss cheese
- 4 burger buns, split
- 1 avocado, in small cubes
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- In a mixing bowl combine the ground beef, egg, hot sauce, mustard, Worcestershire, salt, ground pepper and bread crumbs. Shape in to 4 even patties, a little more than 1 cm (1/2“) thick. Refrigerate, covered, up to 6 hours.
- In a food processor or blender combine the mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice and zest, hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Make the aioli up to 2 days ahead of time and keep refrigerated until use.
- Preheat the BBQ and cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes per side or to an internal temperature of 70ºC (160ºF). Add 2 slices of swiss cheese to each patty for the final 1 minute of cooking, to melt it slightly. Toast buns if you wish.
- Spread the aioli on both sides of each bun (about 45 mL (3 tbsp) per bun), layer a patty, avocado, tomato, and lettuce, along with any other burger toppings you like. Enjoy!
*Try making these delicious burgers with ground chicken, turkey or even lamb! Use the aioli on your favourite sandwiches, or as a base for a zesty potato salad or coleslaw.