Crab and Cheddar Burger
- 45 min
- 53 min
- 450 g (1 lb) crab meat, drained
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) onion, minced
- 4 green onions, minced
- 250 mL (1 cup) panko-type breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 10 mL (2 tsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 60 mL (4 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) milk
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) flour
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) fresh bread crumbs
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) butter
- 8 slices Armstrong sliced Medium Cheddar cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls
- Mayonnaise, to taste
- Sufficient quantity julienned green apples and celery tossed with lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the burgers. Shape into 4 patties.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg with the milk. To bread the patties, dredge them in the flour, dip them in the beaten egg and coat them with bread crumbs. Press well with your hands to make sure the crumbs stick. Refrigerate.
- In a skillet, heat the butter and brown the burgers over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side. Two minutes before the burgers are done, top each with a slice of cheese.
- Warm or toast the buns and spread them with mayonnaise. Place a burger on each bun and top with the apple-celery mixture.