Cheese-Stuffed Roast Flank Steak
- 30 min
- 60 min
- 1 907-g (2-lb) flank steak, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 60 mL (¼ cup) store-bought sun-dried tomato pesto
- 285 g (10 oz) blanched spinach
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 500 mL (2 cups) Armstrong medium Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Place the steak on a work surface and season with salt and pepper. Spread the sun-dried tomato pesto, blanched spinach, prosciutto and shredded cheese evenly over the surface of the meat, leaving 4 cm (1.5 in) at the top uncovered.
- Roll the meat tightly in the direction of the grain. Tie the roll with butcher’s twine.
- Brush the roll with olive oil, salt and season generously with pepper.
- Brown the meat on each side in a frying pan on high heat.
- Finish cooking in the oven on a metal baking sheet for around 30 minutes, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 63 °C (145 °F) for medium rare, or 71 °C (160 °F) for well done.
Wrap the meat in aluminium foil and let rest out of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Slice the roll and serve immediately.