- 1 907-g (2-lb) flank steak, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 60 mL (¼ cup) store-bought sun-dried tomato pesto
- 285 g (10 oz) blanched spinach
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 500 mL (2 cups) Armstrong medium Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).Place the steak on a work surface and season with salt and pepper. Spread the sun-dried tomato pesto, blanched spinach, prosciutto and shredded cheese evenly over the surface of the meat, leaving 4 cm (1.5 in) at the top uncovered.Roll the meat tightly in the direction of the grain. Tie the roll with butcher’s twine.Brush the roll with olive oil, salt and season generously with pepper.Brown the meat on each side in a frying pan on high heat.Finish cooking in the oven on a metal baking sheet for around 30 minutes, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 63 °C (145 °F) for medium rare, or 71 °C (160 °F) for well done.Wrap the meat in aluminium foil and let rest out of the oven for 10 minutes.Slice the roll and serve immediately.