- 4 cups (1 L) diced butternut squash
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded kale leaves (stems removed)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg (360 g) fresh lasagna noodles
- 18 Armstrong creamy Havarti cheese slices
- 6 Armstrong medium Cheddar cheese slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 mL) 2% milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Cream Sauce: Melt butter in saucepan set over medium heat; cook shallots, garlic and thyme for about 3 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in milk and cream until smooth. Stir in bay leaves; bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in mustard. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove from heat. Remove bay leaves and discard.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In large pot of boiling salted water, blanch butternut squash for about 5 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook kale, salt and pepper for 3 to 4 minutes or until wilted. Let cool slightly; squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Ladle 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream sauce into bottom of greased 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking dish. Layer 2 lasagna sheets, cutting to fit pan, over sauce. Spread 3/4 cup (175 mL) cream sauce over top. Sprinkle with half of the butternut squash and kale. Top with 6 creamy Havarti cheese slices. Repeat layers. Layer 3 lasagna noodles over top; layer remaining cream sauce, and Cheddar and creamy Havarti slices over top.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil; broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and lasagna is bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with parsley.