- 4 large whole portobello mushrooms, washed with stems removed
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) balsamic reduction
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) roasted pecans
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) Armstrong extra-old Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) basil, washed and spun dry
- Preheat barbecue or oven to 400 °F. If using oven, place rack in the top position.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, oil, garlic and balsamic reduction to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place the portobello mushrooms bottom-up directly on the barbecue grill or on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper, if using oven. Distribute the sun-dried tomato and oil mixture evenly among the four mushrooms, using a brush to properly coat with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish the mushrooms with pecans, top with cheddar cheese cubes and grill on the barbecue or place in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and takes on a light golden colour.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before garnishing with basil leaves. Serve immediately.