- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 block Armstrong garlic and herb cheese, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium sized red onion, sliced
- 1 package arugula
- 4 burger buns
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 portobello mushroom, finely minced
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat BBQ to med-high heat, and preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare veggies and toss red peppers with a bit of salt and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together ingredients for burger patties. Divide mixture into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Brush each with remaining 1 tbsp. of olive oil, then place gently on grill.
- Cook burgers for about 5-6 minutes per side (you'll know they're ready to flip when they easily come unstuck from the grill).
- Meanwhile, remove red peppers from the oven. Add portobellos and cook another 5 minutes. After that, add red onions and cook another 5 minutes then remove veggies from the oven altogether and set aside.
- Make basil mayo while everything is cooking by blending mayo, lemon juice and basil together in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- In the last two minutes or so of cooking time, add Armstrong cheese to burgers and lightly toast buns on the BBQ. Remove and serve burgers topped with roasted veggies, arugula and basil mayo.
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer The Girl on Bloor