6 cups (1.5 L) shredded coleslaw mix
1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
2 tbsp (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
2 lb (1 kg) salmon fillets, skin on
2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
4 tsp (20 mL) prepared steak spice
1/3 cup (75 mL) barbecue sauce
2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
6 burger buns, toasted
6 Armstrong Havarti cheese slices
1/2 cup sliced pickles
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well.
- In large bowl, toss together coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, pat salmon dry with paper towel. Brush oil all over salmon and season with steak spice.
- In small saucepan set over medium heat, combine barbecue sauce and maple syrup; bring to simmer. Keep warm.
- Grill salmon, skin side down, for 7 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fish just starts to flake and instant-read thermometer reads 158°F (70°C). Transfer to large bowl; remove skin.
- Using 2 forks, shred salmon into flakes and toss in warm barbecue sauce mixture. Divide salmon mixture among toasted buns. Top with cheese, coleslaw and pickles.
- Use classic Canadian-style steak spice for Canadiana flavour.