¼ cup (30 g) Armstrong Medium Cheddar, grated
¼ cup (30 g) white onion, diced
¼ cup (30 g) red/yellow peppers, diced
1 tbsp (3 g) chives, finely diced
1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
1 tsp (4.8 g) Dairyland or Neilson or Baxter butter
2 tbsp (30 mL) 2% Dairyland or Neilson or Baxter milk
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk with whisk.
- Heat Teflon coated sauté pan on high heat.
- Add vegetable oil until hot.
- Quickly add onion & peppers.
- Sauté for 1 minute on high while stirring constantly.
- Turn heat to low, and continue cooking until onions are half the volume and slightly caramelized.
- Remove onions & peppers from pan.
- Increase to high heat and add butter and eggs, stirring constantly with rubber spatula.
- When eggs start to firm up, add onions, peppers, salt, pepper, and chives.
- Turn to low and add cheese evenly over the eggs.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F, for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut the frittata into 8 equal wedges & serve.